Friday, March 27, 2009

Azaleas and Company











After a nice rain yesterday, it looks like it has brought out the azaleas in my yard. I love them so, I wish they bloomed a second or third time in the year.
My week has been busy in that I have had a 7 year old here along with my MIL. She and her DH are raising this girl. Rachel can be nice but also a real handful and I am not use to little kids day in and day out. Now, MY grand-daughters were much easier to deal with at that age! HA! Spoken like a true grandma, right? I did have Rachel make a cute cupcake pincushion, like I had my grand-daughters make when I was visiting them a month ago. Rachel loves my sewing studio and always has a million questions. "Aunt Marilyn, how does this machine go? Can we cut fabric? Can I have some of that fabric?" Well, you get the idea! I have been giving her scraps of fabric for a year or so. This way she thinks she has a stash too! I did make my MIL a cute big water cooler bottle cover. I made a plain one for our water cooler bottle which sits in our kitchen. We find that if we fill our own bottles with good water that it cuts down on plastic. I just wash the 12 or 16 oz bottles out and refill them from the water cooler. It really encourages us to drink more water.
My quilt gals came yesterday to work some more on the charity quilt to get it ready for the auction in May. It is coming along nicely. I really didn't get much quilting done for myself with the company here, but did get a Serendipity Singers newsletter published a passed out at practice Thursday. Serendipity Singers is a group of gals who love to sing. We are giving a free performance in April. It should be really good. We have practiced since January. We give 2 performances a year and keep trying to make them free although it does take over a $1000. per performance. Yes, we try to raise that much ourselves, with sponsors and donations.
My quilter friend, Cathy got my one Kaffe Fasset quilt quilted, but I haven't finished the edges yet. Hope to do that this weekend. The quilting looks so good.

No comments: