Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Almost Easter


It is almost Easter and for almost everyone around the country that means "Spring is Here!"


SC is to have a cool weather snap tonight and then it should be warm, warm, warm. Some of my friends are going to Paducah this year. I went last year and took the appraisal classes from Gerald Roy and Bobbie Aug. Some from that class are ready to take the exam to become Cerfitied Appraisers, but I am not near ready. I need a bit more experience and will take the classes one more time in order to be sure I know my stuff.


My friend, Vickie is here from Ohio, visiting with her family for spring break. She and I managed to do some damage at a local quilt shop. We decided to each make a very cute big birdie quilt. No, not like Big Bird, but a cute folk art birdie. I will show some WIP pictures as we get going on it. I am including a picture of a pretty, springy quilt which I purchased last summer. It is a vintage 30s quilt coming from PA. A couple was selling it as they no longer wished to care for it and weren't planning on handing it down. Even though the quilt is not my colors, I still love these quilts because of the quality hand quilting, which I no longer can do. Isn't it perfect for spring?

No comments: