Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring is here! I think?




Well, it is really a pretty day here in SC. The spring flowers are blooming, the pear trees are blooming too. I have even seen quite a few azaleas. Let's hope it sticks around and the cold fronts have gone somewhere else.





I am presenting an antique quilt top that I wet cleaned, conserved, and completed for a friend who is giving it to her daughter as a shower/wedding gift. I hope she will like what I have done with the top. I have a picture of the label on it. I made a custom pillow case/storage bag that you can see by the label. The front of the quilt was in my previous blog, basically a 9 patch made of all different kinds of fabrics, typical of the 30s era.


My guild gals are returning here tomorrow to finish up the quilt that we are giving to be auctioned off this spring. You can get an idea of it as it is in my previous blog too. Hopefully, I will sent a Add Imagepicture of it completely done tomorrow!

I think I take the prize (if there is such a thing) for not only the most UFOs but some of the oldest! I pulled out a half completed I Spy quilt that I started 10 years ago! Most of you have probably made 5 of these quilts by now! I will have to reveal some of my other "old timers" to you when I gather the courage!







You all will think I am totally daft for putting a picture of shoes on my blog. But this picture is for my sister, Carole, who lives in CA. She and I are always trying to find wonderfully comfortable shoes. Well, my daughter, Carolyn, who works in the fashion industry, has learned from her own experience that good shoes at any age are the way to go. I can't tell you how I abused my feet when I was younger with stiletto heels and dumb things like wearing flip flogs when I was pregnant out to huge. Consequently I have had lots of problems. When I was with my daughter recently in Ohio, we went to the Walking Store. I got a pair of Dansko shoes just like hers which were so cute! She got black patent and I got navy patent. Then we spotted quilted shoes!!WoW those must be good! She she and I got matching quilted shoes by (I think) Mephisto. Yes, both of these shoes are a bit pricey but they are heavenly and will get much wear. The Danskos are Add Imageworn by lots of doctors and nurses as they are so comfy and have the closed back so they are permitted in the hospitals. So Sis, check out our new shoes!

2 comments:

Vickie E said...

I am impressed you are working on those older projects! I keep wanting to start new ones this month...so much for the challenge I joined. I did real well jan. and feb, this month...not soo good.

Maddin said...

Jay! the spring is here too (South Sweden) :D