Friday, October 14, 2011

Fall, leaves, pumpkins and quilts

Here it is fall already and we are happy for it. Today is a perfect football game day. The weather couldn't be more agreeable. I couldn't resist the beautiful mums for sale a a nearby store.
Tomorrow our church unloads a portion of a semi truck of pumpkins. They are grown on an Indian reservation and shipped here. We sell them and donate the money to American missions. This year I bought some Martha Stewart stick on faces so I don't have to cut open the pumpkins.
I just returned from New Jersey where I attended the American Quilt Study Group's annual seminar. It is one of the highlights of my year. The papers presented were wonderful and the tours were super! I always return pumped up. I roomed with Mary J-P as I have in the past couple of years. She is delightful and we get along well. There just isn't enough time to go and see all you wish you could. In one of the pictures you will see a darling quilt which I helped create for the AQSG endowment fund. I sent my block back to Xenia Cord who graciously put the quilts together. Many ladies participated by making blocks and sending them. The finished quilts were auctioned Sat. night and I purchased the one my block was in. I love to do challenges like this to help worthy causes. Had to include a couple of the beautiful antique quilts I saw in New Jersey which are just above.
To the right is the Endowment quilt.

No comments: