Tuesday, January 25, 2011



January, 2011
How did it become another year so quickly? Well, while I was sleeping, I guess. Just a quick note on our Christmas his year. It was spent with my dear sister, Carol and her DH, Barrie in California. Carol and I haven't been together on Christmas for over 50 years. Can you believe it? When she left home in her late teens, she went to CA, got married and soon had 3 sons to raise. Neither of us got back or forth very often, between CA and Ohio (where we were both born and raised) because of our families and money constraints. So now that we are a bit older we felt it would be a lovely thing to do. Brian and I had a super time and although we didn't do lots of touristy things, we did lots of cooking and visiting . We also went to Los Osos, which is 3 hours to the south of Los Gotos, their primary residence. Los Osos is their small, cottage-style second home very close to the Pacific. That was so fun too!
Elva, my dear friend, and I are back to teaching the "girls" more quilting. It is so fun to watch them learn and become excited about creating. Last fall we had some wonderful quilting angels looking after us. Sheryl and Bob Smith from, Accent on Sewing, a nearby shop, generously donated a large amount of fabric to our class to be used in the girls' projects! You can' imagine how delighted we were! The prints are so pretty and the girls love the brightest ones for their choices. We thank Bob and Sheryl again from the bottom of our hears for making so many people happy! God bless them!
Before I went to CA I got a cute wall quilt or table topper done. I just love it, but wanted my sister to have it. She was delighted and used it right away. I have plans to make myself another but probably will never find as cute fabric but that's OK. New ones come out all the time, it seems.
One of my on line friends, whom I know in person as well as cyberly (is that a word?)is Jan from the Dakotas. She sent us on line instructions for a 10 minute table runner. I had to make one right away. Cute and double cute! Thanks, Jan.


1 comment:

Passionate Quilter said...

wow-you posted! love both your quilts!! miss you!