Thursday, February 26, 2009

Super sewing with my friend





I have been sewing for 4 and 1/2 day with my friend Karen in Ohio. On Sat. we got to meet with 2 other friends ( quilters of course) for lunch and an after noon of quilt talk and sharing. How great to meet up with gals you love but don't get to see often enough. Needless to say, it is so stimulating to see and hear all they are making as well as catching up on their family news. So good to see you Vickie and Carol. Thanks so much for your hospitality, Vickie.
Vickie and Carol chose for me, some gorgeous Kaffe Fasset fabrics from a super shop in Wooster, Ohio. The sale was still going on at the shop and it was a REAL sale. Everything in the shop was 1/2 off! Karen and I decided to go over to Wooster and partake some more of the bargains! Woo HOO! Since then, Karen and I have made 2 quilt tops. The pictures are here for you to see. We first made little wall hangings which are so cute. We each put our favorite color of maverick petals on the large bloom. The pattern didn't show that, but we each did our own color just for something different. On Sat. while Karen was teaching some classes, I made a darling bucket bag in multi spring colors. Can't till I go back to SC where I live, and it is already spring.

6 comments:

libertythreads said...

Fabulous! I love your quilts and you have been so productive! Wow is all I can say. Glad we were able to spend a few hours together at Vickie's.
Love, Carol

Vickie E said...

I see Karen has been 'adding' to your blog haha...or could be you?? I LOVE it..and I love your quilts..I want 4 days to sew WAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn,

Great to read your blog (found it through Karen's) and loving your quilttops! In Houston you already said something about becoming an appraiser. I hope all study goes well and that your love for quilts and quilting will help you further.

Hope to see you in Houston this year, I'll be there with more Dutch girls! Agnes and Ted will be there, and four new Houston groupies.

If you got the possibility, I would like to meet you there!

Take care,
Annemart

antique quilter said...

welcome to blogland!
I am looking forward to your posts about your old quilts..I love making quilts inspired by antique quilts and just looking at them!
great wall hanging Love the flower .

what a happy quilt, pinks and purples pretty.
Kathie

The Demanding Doll said...

Welcome to blogland. Not always easy to post each day but a great way to "meet" people and keep a diary of your own accomplishments and thoughts.

I've been working hard to complete UFO's and I REALLY want some new fabrics. What a luxury to sew for 4days straight!

Anonymous said...

Hey Marilyn, I found you! Will add you to my list of bloggers to read...looks good so far!!
hugs!