Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm about old and new quilts

I am a newbie at this. My dear friend, Karen, helped me start this blog. I will be happy to share with you my adventures in quilting , both old and new quilts, which I love equally. Most of my time is spent now in creating new quilts, but studying all aspects of old quilts too. Recently, my friend, Karen, hooked me up with a few "new"old quilts for my collection. I don't have much provenance about them, but I have a great appreciation for them and the ladies who worked so tirelessly on them. I will try to show old quilts from my collection and share my new quilts and ideas with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blog world! I don't yet have my blog but I sure enjoy reading lots of others. I have a friend who is looking to have a quilt restored. It is a hexagon quilt with a very old, wool -- almost like it is fresh off the sheep -- batting. Do you do any work like this? Some of the hexagons have dissentegrated.
thx., Suzanne