Monday, May 18, 2009

Catching up


Spring is such a busy time! Trying to get plants in, getting the pool ready, a few short-term guests, and keeping up with everyday business, leaves little time to do lots of quilting. In early June, I am having the board of our ladies singing group here for an all day work session, which means I will provide lunch. Oh, what to serve? Well, I have a little time to worry about that.
I had to show you a picture of our funny dog, Duffy. He is a toffee colored Yellow Lab. He got so hot funny running after his tennis ball, he got overheated so he went to the pool and sat his body on the first step in order to cool down. He stayed there about 15 minutes until he was sufficiently cooled. I had to snap a picture of his pose in the pool. I also included a picture of my upside down tomato plant which my DH's cousin, Jay gave me for my birthday! I am so proud I have 3 tomatoes formed and more blossoms. I haven't grown tomatoes in years! My organic gardening mother is looking down and smiling upon me! Also my hydrangeas are starting to bloom in the yard. I love blue flowers so am so in love with these. During a rainstorm last evening, my DH, Brian, and I planted some plants around the pool area. We got drenched but the plants got watered in without being exposed to our usual scorching sun. Rained all night too.
I posted two pictures of a quilt called "Lady Fingers" by Cozy Quilt Designs. My friend, Vickie made one, so I thought I would try it. It called for a package of layer cake sqs. I had never bought one so I bought one online of the Kashmir group. I used some pale aqua and pale pink batiks for my two borders. I like it pretty well. I have to admit that it is a departure from all the brights I usually work with. Off to the quilters it goes!

2 comments:

loulee said...

Your garden and your quilt look beautiful.

Annemart said...

Hi Marilyn, I love your garden and even more your dog!
I don't know whether you will be coming to Houston this year, however, it seems I will be there on Columbus day. Could you explain to me what that is and what I could expect in Houston? Karen has my mailaddress.

Thanks!

Annemart